Champagne Gosset / Cognac Frapin
Champagne Gosset, Epernay (1.3 M bottles, turnover 24M€, 30 pers.) & Cognac Frapin, Segonzac (500.000 bottles, turnover 8 M€, 10 pers.)
2007 – 2014/08
International Sales Director / Member of the board
– Set-up, follow-up of the general sales policy France & Export
– Manage the sales team (field & admin- total 9 pers.)
– Deal directly with key markets: Champagne region, Western & Southern Europe, the Americas and opening of various counties in Africa.
– Sales increase of more than 50% in cognac by opening some markets in Africa (Senegal, Ivory Coast, Togo, Nigeria), Caribbean’s and Canada
– Development of volumes in champagne and increase of the average price
– Harmonization of the sales policies in France and Export
– Active part of strategic decisions: launch of new products, packaging, POS, publicity…
2000 – 2007
– Set-up & follow-up of the Export sales policy
– Deal with rarity of premium products
– Follow-up of Key Accounts
– Open new importers’ network in the Americas and the Caribbean’s
– Add 12 new markets especially in the Americas: Argentina, Brazil, Chili, Uruguay and the USA that entered in the top 3 leading markets
– Position of the brand at the international level: presence in more than 70 countries
– Set-up and management of an Export sales team (3 Directors and 8 V.I.E.)
– Gaining of Airlines listings (AF, Varig) and Cruise-lines (Silja Lines)
– Extension of the “Trophée Gosset Celebris” of the best Champagne card in Spain (partnership with Ferran Adria, restaurant El Bulli) and the UK (with Michel Roux).
1995 – 2000
Responsible for Export Sales
– Follow-up of existing markets
– Prospection and development of new markets in Southern & Eastern Europe
– Increase of number of countries in Europe and Asia
– Multiplication by 3 of the sales: from 180.000 to 550.000 bottles
– Settlement of an importers’ network working off/on-trade (hotels, restaurants and retailers), Duty-Free operators, air & cruise-lines
– Development of the “Trophée Gosset Celebris” in the Benelux, Germany & Switzerland.
1992 – 1995
Export Area Manager
– Follow-up of existing markets, prospection and development of markets in Western Europe for the entire range: wines of Champagne, Loire and South of France.
– Increase of markets number (from 5 to 20), of volume (from 80 to 180.000 bts).